Environmental Engineering program in the Department of Chemical Engineering aims to help students apply the engineering principles to meet the current the upcoming challenges pertaining to environmental deterioration in local and global scale, and lead key roles in establishing global sustainable society. The mission is to protect and improve the quality of the environment, by applying innovative thinking, new technologies and holistic approach to solve various environmental issues. In addition to the traditional pollution control and environmental remediation, the department also focuses on the emerging concepts such as industrial ecology and sustainable engineering to inculcate a sense of sustainability of various environmental processes and technologies in the minds of young engineers. Annual intake of this Department is 20 students.
Atomic Absorption Spectrophotometer; Ion Chromatography, Orbital shaker; High volume gas sampler; orsat analyzer; Muffle furnace; Digital Balance; Metrological measurements, Map info soft ware for GIS & Remote sensing.
Projects for Assignment Areas
Reuse of treated municipal wastewater effluent for municipal and industrial reuse.
Utilization of household organic wastes as a resource for bioenergy.
Removal of organics, nutrients, heavy metals and emerging micro pollutants from municipal and industrial wastewater by the exploitation of natural systems.
Sustainable utilization of industrial wastes through industrial symbiosis.
Remediation of industrial wastewater through advanced oxidation processes.
Major Courses Offered
- Advanced Optimization Techniques
- Environmental Chemistry and Microbiology
- Water and Wastewater
- Environmental Impact assessment
- Elnvironmental Legislation and Management
of Environmental Management
- Enlvironmental Biotechnology–Principles and Applications
of Water and Waste water
- Biolremediation Principles and Applications
- Artificilal Intelligence and
- Biollogical Process Design for Wastewater Treatment
- Air Qualilty Monitoring and Control
Mlathematical Modeling in Environmental Engineering
- Urban lEnvironmental Quality Management
Industrial Ecology and Sustainable Engineering
- Industlrial Pollution Prevention and Clean Technologies
- Waste water Reclamation and Reuse
- Solid and Hazardous Waste Management