GMRIT provides equal emphasis to physical activities along with the academic activities. All necessary sports facilities with advanced technology are available in the campus. The existing sports facilities including 400 Mts (6 lanes) synthetic track are utilized for various sports activities such as, Tennis, Cricket, Football, Hockey, Volley Ball, Basket ball, Ball badminton, Kabaddi, Handball, Kho-Kho, Net ball, Throw ball and outdoor Gymnasium.
The college has an indoor stadium of 1350 sq. mts. to conduct various sports activities like badminton, Kabaddi, Table tennis, basket ball and volley ball. The sports grounds undergo regular maintenance to support and encourage the sportsmen and sportswomen of the college. The students of GMRIT represent the college at various national level events in Cricket, Volley ball, Basket ball, Shuttle Badminton, Table Tennis, etc., proving themselves as Champions in sports.
Fully equipped and scientifically designed gym facilities are available in the campus. The gym consists of following equipments:
- Air-conditioned Aerobic Centre
- Two 4 station (2 nos)
- Cross trainers (3 nos)
- Commercial Tread mill (3 nos)
- Dual pulley machine (1 no)
- Smith machine (1 no)
- Weight lifting and Power lifting sets.
- On a regular basis, there are more than 200 students avail the gym facilities every day.
- Dr. B. Aun Kumar, Associate Professor in Physical Education
- Mail id: email@example.com
- Mobile: 9866163076